7.21.2008

A day in the CITY...

Playing in the water on Temple Square.


Eating lunch in Salt Lake at JB's Restaurant.


An old pioneer home at the Church History Museum.

A statue of Angel Moroni that is in the Church History Museum. It used to be on the top of a LDS church in Washington D.C. The building was sold and they shipped the statue to Salt Lake City to put in the museum.


A replica of the same podium that is in the conference center. The original was build from a tree that grew in President Hinckley's yard.


We spent the day up in Salt Lake City...visiting the Church History Museum and touring Temple Square. The Church History Museum has a great I am a child of God exhibit. The kids had so much fun...lots of hands on things to do. We had such a wonderful time...truth be told, I think the favorite thing of the day was eating out at JB's Restaurant.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what a great day trip! I was planning on doing that sometime this summer... now you've made me want to do it this week!

Melinda said...

Downtown is wonderful. I used to work downtown, and I loved wandering around on my lunch breaks. There are so many pretty places, and things to see.